Interview with Bruce Bixler

Please introduce yourself to the readers of this blog and update us on your latest business endeavors

Hi Stathis, My name is Bruce Bixler, seven years ago I lost my job. Everyone told me to get on LinkedIn. I got on LinkedIn and nothing happened. Went to several LinkedIn workshops and the only thing the speakers told us was how to set up a profile. I wanted to know HOW to use it.

So I started doing my own presentations to show others how to use LinkedIn. I did land a job but kept on learning everything I could about LinkedIn. I started to get paid for my presentations and workshop. Now that I'm at retirement age I want to transition into doing LinkedIn full time and quit my regular retail job.


Why have you focused specifically on Linkedin compared to other social media platforms available?

I focused on LinkedIn because it was the most professional digital platform and it intrigued me the most. LinkedIn does not broadcast all it's changes so you have to either find it and learn about it from others.


From your experience, do companies leverage the intelligence obtained through Linkedin or they don't rip the benefits yet? This relates to the digital age which should be embraced by modern corporations in order to survive.


Large companies know how to use LinkedIn but the 80 - 90 percent of small to mid sized companies don't know, don't know all the tools, don't have someone knowledgeable, or don't have the time to reap the benefits of LinkedIn.

Your forecast on social media in the future. How they will evolve?

A peek into the future of digital will be companies will need to embrace visual or video like Tumblr, Meerkat, Periscope, or Snapchat and other future digital platforms. Businesses can no longer avoid social, digital, or visual media and keep up.

Please close this interview the way you see fit.


Two things people have to know: LinkedIn is not a place for your resume it is NOW your digital reputation and it's not a matter of which social or digital media you use, it is how WELL you use the media.

Find Bruce Bixler in the following links:

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις από αυτό το ιστολόγιο

Interview with Sergali Adilbekov, founder of Swiss Social

My new article published in Naftemporiki newspaper

My conversation with an AI Chatbot